Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Look at me, being all crafty!

It has been a while since I've done anything crafty...but my dear friend Maggie from work is having a baby, and the bedding she picked out for the little one is so darn cute, I got inspired!

Its called "Dancing Frog", and when I saw it, I thought, I could draw that! So I decided to make a customized wall hanging for the baby's room. At first I was going to use a plain old canvas, but then I saw a really cool framed cork board at Michael's, and decided to use it instead so it could be something useful instead of just a wall hanging.

First, here is the picture from Amazon:


And now, my effort:


And my wrapping (because I LOVE real ribbon):


I know, it isn't perfect. Poor Mr. Froggy's arms are way too long, but oh well. Paint on cork is NOT forgiving, LOL. I am rather proud of the gingham effect on the bib, although it doesn't show up that well on these pics.

Anyway....it felt good to be crafty again!