Saturday, September 15, 2007

Randomness is GRAND

Just some random comments/thoughts/observations for the day...

  • The Lion King (Broadway musical) is excellent. I had the opportunity to see it tonight at the Orpheum, and I loved every minute of it. The first 10 minutes gave me the same feeling I got the first time I went to the circus - chillbumps, and a strange inclination to tears, probably because of the sheer pagentry of it all.
  • Cubbies are in first, woot woot!! One whole game up on the Brewers. What a great time to be a Cubs fan! As well as an ulcer-inducing one, but I'll save that blog for the playoffs, lol.
  • Did you realize that jello could be considered the ultimate in versatility? Think about it. It's not a solid, it's not a liquid. It's part food, it's part drink. So, can't decide if you are hungry or thirsty? Consume some jello! Satisfaction guaranteed!! Who knew??(This public service announcement has been brought to you courtesy of a late night phone call with Kevin Estes.)
  • Finally, finally, FINALLY - I can sense that fall is just around the corner. It is actually cool outside.
  • My college football picks were horrible this week. So bad, in fact, that the only reason I will NOT be in last place Monday is because one guy never turned his sheet in. Oh well, that is the joy of college football. Anything can happen. And, even though we are only three weeks into the season, almost everything has!

2 comments:

Courtney said...

hmmm. now i'm hungry and thirsty and i think the only thing that will help is lime jello (which is actually in my cupboad).

go cubs (and mets).

courtney

aintd said...

Are you SERIOUS? The Cubs are in first place? Wow! Now tell me - are they going to clear the stadium for the playoffs? I figure if no one is in the stands they might have a chance....

j/k

lym ;-)