Sunday, September 9, 2007

Why CubbiePotter??

Why CubbiePotter?


Hello, people.
Welcome, welcome. Some of you may be wondering, a) what on earth is a CubbiePotter, and b) why would anyone use that as a name for a blog, so I thought I would offer some enlightenment. In this world of usernames and passwords, and passwords for the usernames and passwords you already have, I often find myself running out of ideas. And, since I think there is a worm in my brain, eating away at my memory center (although most likely it is just advancing age), I decided I'd best find something that was unusual enough for me to remember, and unique enough to always be just mine. So - I combined some of my favorite things....and CubbiePotter was born - er - created.

If you are going to have addictions in this life, they might as well be fun ones! Thus the name CubbiePotter. Cubbie is a two-fer, actually, as it refers to two of my favorite things - Chicago Cubs baseball, and my cat Cubbie - named after the aforementioned Cubs, of course (her full name is Cubbie Blue). Here she is:




Now, some people may question the wisdom of naming a black cat after your favorite baseball team, and believe me, I have questioned that more than once myself. Although I don't consider myself to be overly superstitious, I will admit that this may not have been the best idea. After all, the Cubs were cursed by a man and his goat; they already have that history. Maybe I was hoping the black cat mojo would cancel out the goat mojo, but....not yet, alas. As of today the Cubs fell back a game in the NL Central division, darn it (after being in first for about a month). Maybe after 18 years of being a fan, I should be used to the heartbreak. Apparently, not yet.



Now for the second part - Potter - that should be relatively obvious. This would be Potter of the Harry Potter fame. I love, love, LOVE this series of books. J.K. Rowling is pure genius, in my humble opinion. Anyone that can create a world like Harry's (affectionately called "Potterverse" by us nerds) is brilliant. Oh, to be able to write characters that are so loved. In any case, I am a self professed Potter nerd, and proud of it! To illustrate the level of nerdiness I have ascended to, my sisters just gave me a Harry Potter wand for my birthday. I LOVE it Who cares if I am 37? This is fun stuff!!!






Go Cubbies!!

2 comments:

MssippiGal said...

Ahhh, isn't it wonderful to have such terrific sisters? I'm excited about your blog and am anxiously awaiting the next installment!

aintd said...

Sisters are incredibly wonderful - especially y'all's oldest (and dearest sister). I'm enjoying the blogs. Mssippigal - where's your's?

Cubbie is the best! Wish I had her here (well, except for the peeing thing....)

lym ;-)